[gst-devel] Video capturer

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 00:17:16 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to implement a video capturer using the following pipeline:

source->decodebin->tee-->displaybin
                                   '->encodebin

The pipeline is started without linking the encodebin to the tee. When I
click the rec button, the tee is linked to the encodebin which encodes the
video stream into a file.
The problem is that the output file displays at the begining x seconds of
the first frame.

For example:
Time: 0:00:00 -> pipeline changes to PLAYING state.
Time: 0:00:10 -> rec button clicked, encodebin added to the pipeline and
linked to the tee.
Time: 0:00:30 -> stop button clicked, sending eos event to the pipeline.

The output file displays the first frame  for 10 seconds, and then 20
seconds of the captured stream.

Do I have to fire a new segment event before linking the encodebin to the
tee?

Regards,
Andoni Morales