[gst-devel] Appsink questions

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:02:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Darren Staples
<dstaples at friendmts.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone point me at a non-out-of-date example for using the appsink
> element please ?

I don't think there is out-of-data documentation for appsink.

> If not, what events/signals do I need to use to be able to access the
> raw-frame data for my movie ?

did you check the documentation (in the source code) here:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/app/gstappsink.c?revision=1.19&view=markup

Pleas let us know what's missing.

> Should I just set the pipeline to play, or do I need to step one frame at a

yes, configure and link appsink as the sink, then play the pipeline
and start pulling buffers.

Wim