[gst-devel] Fwd: GStreamer subtitles task

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:20:30 CET 2009

  Subtitle support is split up in two types of elements:
  * textoverlay, which takes both a video and a text input stream and
outputs a video stream with the text rendered over it
  * an element providing a timed-text stream. Some demuxers support this
(if you have subtitles in a Video file for example), and there are also
some standalone elements to parse separate subtitle formats (see the
subparse element for such an element).

  The task page is clearly outdated :(

    Edward