[gst-devel] Building functional GStreamer binaries for Windows

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:36:34 CET 2009

Hi,
I recently imported to my svn repository all the changes we made to OAbuild
in order to compile functional GStreamer binaries on Windows based on the
OAbuild method. I know that OAbuild is changing to OAHbuild, but until all
the migration is done I think this method can be very usefull for those who
want to compile their own binaries on Windows.

The changes we made so far are:
·Added ffmpeg plugin with full codec support
.Glib 2.18
.Added volume plugin
.Added libmad plugin
.Added asfdemux plugin.
.Added lame plugin
·Removed  Direct Show wrapper and use the ffmepg plugin for all the decoding
stuff.
·Added xvid plugin.
·Added the mpeg2decoder.
·Added mpegstream plugin.
.Added resindvd plugin.
.Added libfaad plugin.
.Added libfaac plugin.
.Added libdvdspu plugin.
.Adde liba52 plugin.
.Added mpeg4parse plugin.
.Added qtdemux plugin.

You can get a working copy of the reposiroty with the following command:
svn checkout *https://forja.rediris.es/svn/csl-longomatch/trunk/**
gstreamer_oabuild

To compile the Direct Show plugins follow the instructions at
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~oleavr/OABuild/ and change in
build\vsprops\Common.vsprops the following macro with your installation
path:
<UserMacro
        Name="DirectXSDK"
        Value="C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1"
    />

The first build usually throws 2 errors for 2 plugins which are solved
builden agian the whole solution (not Rebuild, just Build)

I encourage every one to add new plugins as many of them are still missing.

You can found precompiled binaries with this method at:
http://forja.rediris.es/frs/?group_id=96

Regards,
Andoni Morales
*