[gst-devel] Writing a Video Sink and using hardware decoders.

Daniel James Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Fri Jan 30 10:29:13 CET 2009

I am new to gstreamer and am writing my first plugin.
The hardware I am running on is the NXP PNX8X3X hardware.  This has an embedded video decoder (most usual video codecs) and a closed video pipe.

This means I am looking to write a gstreamer plugin that allows the following:
FileSrc- > Demux (qtdemux or other) -> My plugin.

This would seem to suggest that my plugin is a Video Sink, however my plugin is also a Codec and Decoder as well.  Is this possible?
Or do I need to split the plugin into a  Codec/Decoder and a Video Sink?

Many thanks
Daniel Laird