[gst-devel] [gst-embedded] Writing a Video Sink and using hardware decoders.

Daniel James Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Fri Jan 30 11:45:40 CET 2009

Many thanks for the reply,
we are having similar discussions internally as well.

My question back would be

Could I do the following?
filesrc -> demux -> My plugin (Codec/Decoder) -> FakeSink

This would mean I am more like the standard model.  However the Fakesink does very little just satisfies the standard gstreamer model.  But it means that the closed video pipe (that's handles avsync etc, hides all datapointers etc is all left as it is).
I just feed my Codec/Decoder plugin with encoded video (write to the device (+ metadata like timestamps)) and everytime I decode a frame I output something to keep the FakeSink (effectively /dev/null) happy.

Daniel Laird