[gst-devel] Changing v4l2src's capabilities without stopping the pipeline

Tamas Korodi kotyo at zamba.fm
Sat Jan 31 14:31:47 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

I would like to write an application, which captures video from a webcam,
with v4l2src, and displays it with an xvimagesink.
I use the next pipeline v4l2src -> capsfilter -> xvimagesink. My webcam can
produce 320x240 and 640x480 images, with capsfilter I request 320x240 first.
Later I would like to change the resolution to 640x480 on the fly. I tried
to reach this by the following steps:
- Block the v4l2src's src pad
- Unlink capsfilter from v4l2src and xvimagesink
- Set capsfilter's state to NULL
- Create a new capsfilter with 640x480 resolution
- Link the new capsfilter to xvimagesink, and link v4l2src to the new
capsfilter
- Set the new capsfilter's state to PAUSED
- Unblock v4l2src's src pad.

it doesn't work for me. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for the answers!

BR,
Tamas