[gst-devel] Releasing gst-plugins-gl?

Filippo Argiolas filippo.argiolas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:24:40 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Julien Isorce<julien.isorce at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am ok for a release a gst-plugins-gl.
>
> Anyway I think gst-gl is working well enough on X and win32 to push a
> release.
> It will also be a good way to receive more bugs that we can fix to make it
> more stable.

Same for me.
It's been quite difficult to keep hacking on gst-gl as I wanted lately
(well, last year...).
The whole codebase probably needs some polishing and we cannot
guarantee complete stability like other modules do, but that's the
reason we would have a separate release and we won't be part of the
other modulesets release schedule for now.
It's in a pretty good shape, has been tested with all the graphic
hardware we have, but it really needs to face the real world to show
up its flaws and give us a chance to fix them.

A release, for me, would hopefully be an occasion to get back working
on it, at least for bugfixing and other maintenance work.

ciao,
Filippo