[gst-devel] asf header change issue in playback pipeline

Krishnakumar Ramachandran krishnakumar.ramachandran at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:41:59 CEST 2009

Hi All,

     I have a plugin which is actually a network source + an asf demux. So
playback pipeline I have will look like the following

mysrc name = src src.srcvideo ! queue ! decodebin ! xvimagesink src.srcaudio
! queue ! faad ! osssink

It is guaranteed that video is h.264 and audio is aac. With this my
streaming starts fine and works well. But I have a problem in the following
scenario.

If my client cannot process at the bitrate at which the server is streaming,
the server reduces the video resolution. So at this point I get a new asf
header with new resolution. My pluign parses the header. But after I pass
the new video frame to the vide decoder(with new sps/pps) the video decoder
stops working.  Is there anyway I can change the encoding parameters without
unlinking and linking the components again?

Also after my new header, the timestamps start coming from 0 again. Hence I
flush and send a NEWSEGMENT event for both audio and video pieplines. But
after this I am noticing a 1 second lag in the video. (This is a when I
tried a new header without change in resolution).

Somebody please help me how to tackle these issues.

Thanks
KK