[gst-devel] Question on mpg2ts seeking now working

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:39:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 14:57 +0000, Albert Costa wrote:
> Hi,
> I've seen in the last threads that seeking in mpg2ts (at least in
> forward mode) was effective. I tried with latest gstreamer win32
> builds, and indeed it now works. That's great.
> Is it possible to know where the correction occured? Looks like bug
> 550634 has not moved so I don't know what changed.

  The changes adding seeking/duration-reporting in push-mode for
mpegtsdemux started with this commit:

commit ff7b54e7da95a401665f8d7ae922155a32edac91
Author: Zaheer Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>
Date:   Fri May 8 18:24:28 2009 +0100

    mpegtsdemux: Add initial naive seeking support and fix duration
query.

>  The reason for my question is that for another project using
> ffmpeg.exe, we also fall in the same trap (seeking not effective in
> mpg2ts files). So I'd like to know if getting the up-to-date code
> version of ffmpeg would solve the issue.

  I have no idea about that :( AFAIK, mplayer (using the ffmpeg
demuxers) has been able to seek in mpeg-ts files for quite some time (a
year ? two  ?). Those projects should just switch to GStreamer though
(hint hint) :)

    Edward