[gst-devel] Scheduling Problem

kodam naga raju01e at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 11:58:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

how the pullreader tries to get data from the push reader and push it
downstream?... There should be a loop running on its sink pad to do so
(by doing a get_range upstream )

yes, in pullreader sinkpad have the pull_range  function
which will call pushreader set_getrange function.
Loop function is running on pullreader sinkpad.

Is the get_range from alsasink, (I m not sure though because, normally
the upstream elements push data to alsasink)  proxied to the push
reader?

No, get_range from pullreader.
In loop function, i am  pushing data to alsasink using pad_push.

Thanks
Nagaraju K

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:23 AM, ved kpl <ved.kpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> how the pullreader tries to get data from the push reader and push it
> downstream?... There should be a loop running on its sink pad to do so
> (by doing a get_range upstream )
> Is the get_range from alsasink, (I m not sure though because, normally
> the upstream elements push data to alsasink)  proxied to the push
> reader?
>
> On 7/28/09, ved kpl <ved.kpl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Did you implement the the appropriate activate_push () and
> > _activate_pull() functions?
> >
> > On 7/28/09, raju03e <raju01e at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am a newbee to gstreamer. I am trying to explore about push and pull
> >> based
> >> scheduling in gstreamer.
> >>
> >> I wrote pushreader, pullreader plugins.
> >>
> >> In pushreader - sink pad is exposed with chain function, src pad with
> >> set_getrange function. In chain function whatever data got from alsasrc,
> >> stored that buffer into plugin internal buffer. Getrange function is
> >> using
> >> this internal buffer.
> >>
> >> In pullreader – sink pad is exposed with getrange function, it tries to
> >> get
> >> data from pushreader and push that data to alsasink.
> >>
> >> Pipeline is alsasrc ! pushreader ! pullreader ! Alsasink
> >>
> >> When I tried to execute the above pipeline, only getrange is scheduling,
> >> Chain function is not scheduling.
> >>
> >> Please help me to solve this problem.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Nagaraju K
> >> --

> >> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
> >> 30-Day
> >> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and
> >> focus
> >> on
> >> what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
> >> Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

Nagaraju K
Software Engineer
Aricent Communications