[gst-devel] Help with videorate and qos usage

Nguyen Thanh Trung trungnt_hut at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 07:01:47 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm new here, and I want to ask something about gstreamer:

I'm working with a gstreamer application to get the number of dropped frames from a video stream. I use videorate to get the value. But, the result is alway 0, no matter what I tried.

The gstreamer qos document says that qos is enabled by default for video, so why I did not get any dropped frame ?

 I wrote an event prob function to put after the video decoder and found that there's many frame have positive jitter (the diff value got from gst_event_parse_qos()) but they are still not dropped event I set max_lateness for video sink to 100.

So, is there anything that I misunderstanding here or did I do anything wrong ?

Thanks and best regards.

trungnt

      Cảm giác an toàn hơn khi online. Nâng cấp lên Internet Explorer 8 mới, an toàn hơn,tối ưu hóa cho Yahoo!. Hoàn toàn miễn phí. Tải IE8 tại đây!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/vn/internetexplorer/