[gst-devel] Gstreamer-generated mpg2ts not read with vlc

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 31 11:28:39 CEST 2009

Hi All,
I am producing some mpeg2 ts files with gstreamer that I would like to see with VLC (first with local files, then using streaming).
I have following pipeline:
gst-launch ksvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! ffmux_mpegts ! filesink location=myfile.mpg

I'm able to read the file in gstreamer using filesrc ! ffdemux_mpegts ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink
I'm able to read the file in windows media player.
But... VLC can't display the file. It gets the good width&height, framerate, and displays a frame with good dimensions, but the content is just all black.
Is there something in the encoding or muxing that is not standard in gstreamer plugins (I'm running gstreamer winbuilds v0.10.4 on XP) ?

Regards,
Al