[gst-devel] How to save a stream from a network into a file

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:38:15 CEST 2009

Hi ,

  Actually i treid following pipeline on my machine , and it works . ( I
dont have webcam so tried it using videotestsrc) .

gst-launch videotestsrc !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,heigh=240,framerate=(fraction)25/1,format=(fourcc)I420'
!  ffenc_h263p ! rtph263ppay ! udpsink port=5000

  gst-launch  udpsrc port=5000
caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)H263-1998"
num-buffers=5000 ! queue ! rtph263pdepay ! ffdec_h263 ! avimux ! filesink
location=test.avi

 And ensure that u have latest Gstreamer installed .

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht