[gst-devel] How to save a stream from a network into a file

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:49:26 CEST 2009

Hi Sudarshan, thank you very much! It is now working. BTW, you have added the element, ffdec_263, after the depayloader. That is the reason why it started to work. You know I had thought of that as well, but the reason why i didn't try it is that the rtph263pdepay gives us a stream that is encoded with h263 codec (that is what we recieved from teh sender). So, i thought it only needs to give this stream to the muxer and then the muxer can store it into file. I still don't understand why (especially a decoder - which I think will decode it back to raw format) is required. Could you please explain for me the idea behind. BTW, the first few frames are very distorted (blurred).

I am using Gsreater 0.10 version. I think that is the latest.

Thank you again. It is really a great help.

- Zelalem S.