[gst-devel] x264enc or ffenc_libx264

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:58:08 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 21:43 +0530, Sumanth V wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         Hi i am trying to compile and install x264enc plugin from
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.12 and ffenc_libx264 from gst-ffmpeg-0.10.7 , but
> neither of them is getting installed.

   ffenc_libx264 will never be in the 'supported' builds of gst-ffmpeg
for obvious reasons (we can use x264 directly, we don't need to go
through ffmpeg for that). Don't try to build gst-ffmpeg in that way,
you'll just be on your own.

>  I have installed x264 package also. When i compile the
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.12 package i get the following message for the
> x264 plugin.
>
> configure: *** checking feature: x264 plug-in ***
> configure: *** for plug-ins: x264 ***
> checking for x264_nal_encode in -lx264... yes
> checking x264.h usability... yes
> checking x264.h presence... no
> configure: WARNING: x264.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
> preprocessor!
> configure: WARNING: x264.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
> checking for x264.h... yes
> checking for uptodate x264 API version... no
> configure: *** These plugins will not be built: x264
>
> How do i get the uptodate x264 API version?

  By installing a more recent x264(-devel) package. If your distro
doesn't provide that, you can try installing it by source.

     Edward