[gst-devel] Streaming h264 video

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Jun 11 17:49:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Thabelo Mmbengeni<thabelo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey thanks a lot.
>
> I checked gst-inspect oggdemux and it appears as you said it always has the
> sink but source is not always there. Sample linker [ demuxer (src) -> rtppay
> (sink), works very well ]
>
> But why does it have to have to be dynamic because we know that ogg has
> audio and video isn't one sink and two sources enough.

Because ogg (like other container format) doesn't have "audio and
video". It has an arbitrary number of streams, of various possible
types. For example, some files may have only a single audio stream,
and no video streams. Others might have several audio streams, some
subtitle streams, and a video stream. etc.

Mike