[gst-devel] Firewire cameras with DirectShow

Phil Rendell philrendell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:59:15 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Julien Isorce <julien.isorce at gmail.com>

>  You could tell us the output you get with the 2 following pipelines:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -v dshowvideosrc ! "video/x-dv, systemstream=0" ! fakesink
>
> and
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -v dshowvideosrc ! "video/x-dv, systemstream=1" ! fakesink
>

>  One should fail with a link error. The other one should lead to the crash
> you got.

Sorry, no joy with this. Both complained about an erroneous pipeline. I
don't think this could be the same error as before with feeding
dshowvideosrc into ffmpegcolorspace, as if I remover the systemstream
property, or set it to either true or false, gst-launch crashes. Setting it
to anything else appears to cause the erroneous pipeline error.

 D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
"video/x-dv, systemstream=0" ! fakesink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
"video/x-dv, systemstream=1" ! fakesink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
"video/x-dv, systemstream=2" ! fakesink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
<Crash>
D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>

> Then about the crash and the division by zero. I have some ideas but could
> you tell us
> if there is any framerate (fps) infos in the page properties of the filter
> and the outpins using graphedit.
> Finally right click on the output pin and then select render pin. Then play
> the graph.
> Does it play correctly?

There does not appear to be any frame rate information in either output pin,
nor information about the output size, or compression information. The same
goes for either output pin. Rendering the DV A/V Out pin results in DV
Splitter, DV Video Decoder, Video Renderer and Default DirectSound Device
filters being created. Playing this results in the output from the camera
being displayed on screen.

I was wondering if I set the other attributes such as format, width, height
and framerate to see if this makes a difference, but am a little puzzled
about the output:

D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
"video/x-dv, format=dvsd, width=640, height=480, framerate=10" ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
** (gst-launch-0.10:2448): WARNING **: your desired video size is not valid
: 640 mod 1244160 !=0

** (gst-launch-0.10:2448): WARNING **: your desired video size is not valid
: 480 mod 1577311108 !=0
<Crash>

Phil