[gst-devel] Firewire cameras with DirectShow

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:38:22 CEST 2009

2009/6/26 Phil Rendell <philrendell at gmail.com>

> Sorry, no joy with this. Both complained about an erroneous pipeline. I
> don't think this could be the same error as before with feeding
> dshowvideosrc into ffmpegcolorspace, as if I remover the systemstream
> property, or set it to either true or false, gst-launch crashes. Setting it
> to anything else appears to cause the erroneous pipeline error.
>
>  D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
> "video/x-dv, systemstream=0" ! fakesink
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
> D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
> "video/x-dv, systemstream=1" ! fakesink
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
> D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
> "video/x-dv, systemstream=2" ! fakesink
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to fakesink0
> D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
> fakesink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> <Crash>
> D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>

I am not sure t follow you. You said "as if I remover the systemstream
property, or set it to either true or false"
but you got a link error with "video/x-dv, systemstream=1". Then a crash ?

>> D:\Camera\Common\GStreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc !
> "video/x-dv, format=dvsd, width=640, height=480, framerate=10" ! fakesink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ** (gst-launch-0.10:2448): WARNING **: your desired video size is not valid
> : 640 mod 1244160 !=0
>
> ** (gst-launch-0.10:2448): WARNING **: your desired video size is not valid
> : 480 mod 1577311108 !=0
> <Crash>

Could you try to add systemstream property as following:

gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc ! "video/x-dv, format=dvsd, width=640,
height=480, framerate=10, systemstream=1" ! fakesink
and
gst-launch-0.10.exe -v dshowvideosrc ! "video/x-dv, format=dvsd, width=640,
height=480, framerate=10, systemstream=0" ! fakesink

The thing I know is that dshowvideosrc implementation goes in a wrong way in
case of "video/x-dv, systemstream=1".
I mean it uses FORMAT_VideoInfos fields while it should use FORMAT_DvInfo
fields.
Even if I have no dv camera I could try something but
first I really have to know if it's systemstream=0 or 1.

Sincerely

Julien