[gst-devel] [directdrawsink] Overlay Support?

Thomas Loewe lazyt at gmx.net
Sun Mar 1 21:24:10 CET 2009

> Sure, if you can supply a patch.

If i could do this myself i wouldn't ask for help here. ;)

> I doubt anyone's going to add things to directdrawsink for you if you
> don't, though. (directdrawsink isn't
very good: it crashes a lot, and doesn't handle YUV video, only RGB, so it's
very slow for most video playback.

Then GStreamer for Windows is useless or how else can we play a video here?
I only know dshowvideosink and sdl.

> You didn't provide much detail here at all - even what sort of overlay
> support you're talking about.

There's only one overlay surface in ddraw as far as i know.

OK, as i undertand nobody is active working on videosinks for windows -
that's a pity...

Thank you,
Thomas