[gst-devel] Videomixer bgra

Alex Ugarte augarte at vicomtech.org
Tue Mar 3 23:29:50 CET 2009

Hi all,
I have done some changes to videomixer plugin so that it can now blend also
BGRA frames. In the same way as "adder" element, does, the first sink pad
determines the caps for the rest of the sink pads. The src pad Will have the
same video format (AYUV or BGRA) with the size of the biggest input frame. I
use cairo to blend the rgb frames; I have not modified the algorithm to
blend AYUV. I think it is working but I want to do some more tests.

I send attached the source of the project. I have built it using cmake, so I
am not sure wether the Makefile.am is correct. I have tried to build it
inside the gst-plugins-good tree downloaded with git, but it asks for a
version of gstreamer greater than 0.10.22, and I have installed 0.10.19  (in
debian squeeze). Then I have compiled gstreamer from downloaded with git and
installed it into a folder in my home, but hen I do not know how tell
configure in gst-plugins-{base, good} to link against those binaries.
So, do you have any comments or suggestions on how to setup an environment
to build these plugins.

And is there any policy on how to build tests for plugin?

I hope my adds to the plugin are useful, and  any comments or suggestions
will be appreciated. By the way, to test this I have done a filter that can
escale the video and position it in some specified coordinates. I also use
cairo to do these operations. Is it worth to integrate it with the videobox?

Regards,
Alex

PS: I have done this because the ffmpegcolorspace converter does not keep
the alpha levels when converting from BGRA to AYUV. Is this something known?