[gst-devel] Gstreamer compilation on Windows

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:25:59 CET 2009

2009/3/5 gstPrafull <prafull.mankar at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I checked out Gstreamer WIndows from
> http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/doku.php?id=developers  and tried
> to compile on Intel's Centrino as well as Core 2 duo processors with
> Windows
> XP.
>
> In debug mode, I get following errors on both processors -
> 1>..\..\common\pixel.c(424) : error C4003: not enough actual parameters for
> macro 'SATD_X_DECL7'
> 1>..\..\common\pixel.c(424) : error C4003: not enough actual parameters for
> macro 'SATD_X_DECL6'
> 1>..\..\common\pixel.c(605) : error C4003: not enough actual parameters for
> macro 'INIT_ADS'

I'm not actually at home but It seems an error with libx264 compilation.
I'll try to fix it tonight.

> In Release mode, Code gets compiled on Centrino Platform except
> gstcamerabin
> while  give following errors on Core 2 Duo processor for almost all
> libreary
> projects.
> 1>Creating library...
> 1>fatal error C1905: Front end and back end not compatible (must target
> same
> processor).
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed
>
> How this can be fixed?

Actually, we just support targeting 32-bit platforms, so do not use "win64"
option. We are trying to give support  for 64-bits platforms using mingw64,
but it requires to recompile all the external dependencies and I don't have
too much time now... help is welcome!