[gst-devel] Gstreamer compilation on Windows

gstPrafull prafull.mankar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:42:55 CET 2009

Hi Andoni,
I changed the following properties for all the projects and I could compile
all the projects on Intel's core 2 Duo with Win XP except "camerabin" and
"libgstreal".

1. Properties->C/C++ -> Optimization ->Whole program optimization
  Value set to 'No' from 'Enable link-time code generation'
2. Properties-> Linker -> Optimization ->Link Time Code Genertion
  Value set to 'Default' from 'User Link Time Code Generation'

I could play the video file there after using simple pipeline
gst-launch-0.10.exe filesrc location= "C://imo.avi" ! decodebin2 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink

I guess the Gstreamer got built for 32 bit processor (since Properties ->
Linker -> Advanced -> Target Machine = MachineX86) but still running on
Intel's Core 2 Duo which is 64 bit processor. Correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know how good is this to do above mentioned procedure ?
and how these changes will affect performance of Gstreamer when used for
application development which will run more complex pipelines?

Regards,
Prafull