[gst-devel] Replacement for gst_bin_iterate()?

devman at gmx-topmail.de devman at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Mar 6 12:18:12 CET 2009

> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 13:58 +0100, devman at gm... wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I'd like to know, if there's any replacement for gst_bin_iterate() in
>> version 0.10?
>
> There's no replace, you don't have to manually iterate/schedule data
> flow any longer. The streaming now takes place in dedicated streaming
> threads. See:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-porting.html#section-porting-objects
>

>> Or how can I process the pipeline in an iterative way?
>
> You can't/shouldn't need to/don't have to really. If you want to get
> things into or out of a pipeline one piece at a time, use
> appsink/appsrc.

Yes, I simply want to read the pipeline's output inside of my
application. The pipeline should be feed with application input data as
needed e.g. by callbacks. These apsrc/appsink plugins seem exactly to be
what I need. But how is it possible to use those plugins? There's a
documentation for them on gstreamer.org, but I can't even find the
respective header files. What packages are needed on Debian? Anyway,
however I think that I'd rather will not use them, because they seem to
belong to the "bad" plugins. (?)
Preferably I would like to get it to work with fakesrc, handoff
callback, bus and sending e.g. GST_MESSAGE_APPLICATION for unblocking
the gst_bus_poll() on every chunk. Could this be done that way?

Regards,
Devman

--
Debian/Lenny