[gst-devel] Replacement for gst_bin_iterate()?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 13:01:53 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 12:18 +0100, devman at gmx-topmail.de wrote:

> Yes, I simply want to read the pipeline's output inside of my
> application. The pipeline should be feed with application input data as
> needed e.g. by callbacks. These apsrc/appsink plugins seem exactly to be
> what I need. But how is it possible to use those plugins? There's a
> documentation for them on gstreamer.org, but I can't even find the
> respective header files.

appsrc/appsinkk used to be in gst-plugins-bad while the API was still in
flux, but has been moved to gst-plugins-base now that the API is stable.

You will only find it in gst-plugins-base >= 0.10.22.

> What packages are needed on Debian?

That would be libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev, but you'll need the
package from sid.

> Anyway,  however I think that I'd rather will not use them, because they
> seem to belong to the "bad" plugins. (?)

Not any more :)

> Preferably I would like to get it to work with fakesrc, handoff
> callback, bus and sending e.g. GST_MESSAGE_APPLICATION for unblocking
> the gst_bus_poll() on every chunk. Could this be done that way?

That might work too.

Cheers
 -Tim