[gst-devel] Video getting Freezed

Sumanth V sumanth.v at allaboutif.com
Thu Mar 12 11:35:14 CET 2009

Hi All,

         I have written an application using dvbsrc plugin to view the
incoming TV channels. When i change the channels it takes 3 to 4 seconds to
switch between the channels. But i want the channel change to happen
instantly. The method i am using to change the channle is
* First i set the whole pipeline to READY.
* Change the properties of the dvbsrc and mpegtsplugin, i.e set the
properties of pids and es-pid to that of a new channel.
* Set the pipeline back to PLAYING.

This is working fine.
In my application i have created 2 bin's,  Audio bin and Video bin, which i
link to the audio pad and video pad emitted by the mpegtsdemux.

I am able to change the channels instantly, but  video freeze's after
showing the first frame of the new channel. The method i am using for this
* Set the properties of the dvbsrc and mpegtsplugin, i.e set the properties
of pids and es-pid to that of a new channel.
* When mpegtsdemux emitts a new video pad for the next channel, i set the Video
bin to READY state and unlink the previously linked pad of the video bin.
* Link the video bin to the newly emitted pad and set the Video bin to
PLAYING state.
* Same thing i do for Audio bin also.
* It changes the channel instantly but get freezed after the showing first
frame.

Why is the video getting freezed?? Where am i going wrong in my second
method?

Thanks,