[gst-devel] Video Rendering not proper on embedded linux

Mon Mar 16 10:21:08 CET 2009

Zhao Liang-E3423C wrote:
> Which videosink you are using? I think maybe ximagesink or directfbsink,
> it is bad peformance issue. you need to optimize both your decoders and
> videosink

I hacked the dfbvideosink to work with the (also hacked) geodefb to use
the hardware video overlay. It is still a absolute (proof of concept)
mess. I allocated a large videolayer 16*h X w, and use
SetSourceRectangle() to switch the visible part of the large layer. The
16 areas are then used as GstBuffers. That way i have hardware I420->RGB
and hardware scaling on the Geode LX 800.
But the hack rather hardware specific.

So what hardware are you using, if it is slow (<800MHz) you will
probably need a lot of hacking to get a normal running video.

- Erwin