[gst-devel] RTSP Client : Problem in video when doing PAUSE & PLAY

Jyoti D jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Wed Mar 18 06:06:39 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am using the below pipeline to work as a RTSP client.

gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://localhost:8554/jurassic.mp4 latency=200
name=d d. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink d. ! queue ! rtpmp4adepay ! faad ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

I wanted to handle PLAY & PAUSE operations on client side. So I have
modified the "rtspsrc" plugin's source code to handle the keyboard inputs. I
have created a thread which calls a callback function in the file
gstrtspsrc.c to detect the key hit. I am creating & running this thread from
the gst_rtspsrc_init() function.

When I hit the key 'p' from my keyboard I change the state of the of the
"rtspsrc" element to PAUSED & with the next hit of key 'p' I change the
state to PLAYING.
This addition does play & pause but the play after pause change doesn't
happen immediately and sometimes the video isn't smooth.

Am I doing PLAY & PAUSE properly? If not could someone suggest me a better
way to do the same. If its right how do I improve the video display & avoid
the delay for play after pause.

Thanks in advance.