[gst-devel] Buffering RTP streams

Wed Mar 18 10:48:46 CET 2009

Hello all,

I would like to bugger a RTP stream for a few seconds because the
theoradecoder is to slow at times but on average takes 80% CPU time.
The idea is to have something like this;

udpsrc ! theoradepay ! queue ! theoradec ! queue2 ! dfbvideosink

The idea is to have the second queue buffer 5 seconds, and only then
start the pipeline. But the docu says that you can't pause livestreams.
So how can I let the second queue buffer first before the video sink is
going to display it ?

TIA,

Erwin