[gst-devel] assrender, gst-launch, and playbin2 not playing nice with fontconfig and each other.

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:54:12 CET 2009

Hi. I just built gstreamer and its plugins from git. But I'm running
into a few problems.

Firstly, playbin(2) does not load assrender.

Secondly, fontconfig is apparently freezing gstreamer with the
following  message:
[ass] **MSGL_INFO**: [ass] Updating font cache.

In case you are wondering, I am using the following command to test
assrender. Please tell me if anything may be causing problems.

gst-launch filesrc location=[CoalGuys]_Toradora_-_21_[738C2A5F].mkv !
matroskademux name=v v.subtitle_00 ! queue ! sub. v.video_00 ! queue !
decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! assrender name=sub ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! xvimagesink v.audio_00 ! queue ! decodebin ! pulsesink

Thanks in advance.