[gst-devel] Gstreamer in an embedded Linuxdistribution

Julien Moutte julien at moutte.net
Thu Mar 19 20:32:09 CET 2009

You probably should try to launch a simple GStreamer pipeline with
playbin on your distro and you will see quickly the missing plugins.

Indeed Elisa uses playbin and a simple :

gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/user/file.mov

should work before Elisa can play that file.

Obviously you might have some problems with the video and audio sinks if
you don't use Xorg.

Best regards,

Julien Moutte,
FLUENDO S.A.