[gst-devel] [GSoC] Multimedia correction plugins

Pavel Kostyuchenko shprotx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 08:16:03 CET 2009

Sorry for such a big delay, I managed to be not subscribed to this ML.

I found that in GStreamer there's almost no ability to correct your
video/audio either in realtime (e.g. webcam) or non-realtime (e.g.
while editing movies in PiTiVi). There some external tools that
provide such functionality for audio (e.g. Audacity) and video (e.g.
filters in MPlayer, Kino or VirtualDub). But in the case of realtime
processing they are useless.
I think it's a good idea to find existing filters and integrate them
into GStreamer so any GStreamer-based program could use it.
Some words about me. As you may already know, I'm a student and that's
my second SoC. I'm not very familiar with GStreamer and I've never
written a plugin for it, but in the past I wrote some little programs
using GStreamer (e.g. the last one is for taking shots periodically on
my N810).
So, I'd like to hear some criticism of the proposal and my
participation in it. Or is it perfect or do you want to hear something
more from me?

Thanks
--
Pavel Kostyuchenko