[gst-devel] [GSoC] Multimedia correction plugins

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 08:24:09 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Pavel Kostyuchenko <shprotx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that in GStreamer there's almost no ability to correct your
> video/audio either in realtime (e.g. webcam) or non-realtime (e.g.
> while editing movies in PiTiVi). There some external tools that
> provide such functionality for audio (e.g. Audacity) and video (e.g.
> filters in MPlayer, Kino or VirtualDub). But in the case of realtime
> processing they are useless.

What do you mean by "correct?" Are you looking for some specific media
processing filters that fall under the category of "correcting"
multimedia?

> I think it's a good idea to find existing filters and integrate them
> into GStreamer so any GStreamer-based program could use it.

A wonderful idea!

> So, I'd like to hear some criticism of the proposal and my
> participation in it. Or is it perfect or do you want to hear something
> more from me?

Well it seems like you haven't done any research. Have you begun
selecting plugins to port to GStreamer? Do you have a list of what
plugins that are missing that GStreamer should have?

--
http://codebad.com/