[gst-devel] [GSoC] Multimedia correction plugins

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Mar 28 19:52:51 CET 2009

Pavel Kostyuchenko schrieb:
> On 3/28/09, Donny Viszneki <donny.viszneki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well it seems like you haven't done any research. Have you begun
>>  selecting plugins to port to GStreamer? Do you have a list of what
>>  plugins that are missing that GStreamer should have?
>

> I found at least removing noise from video (VirtualDub filter) and
> audio (Audacity), a lot of players have color/contrast/brightness
> correction (I haven't seen this functionality in any GStreamer
> application). Mentioned movement compensation seems to be interesting
> idea but I didn't look deeply into it and its existing
> implementations. Yes, I haven't done much researches, thanks for
> pointing me on this defect. Well, I have some time to fix that.

There is the videobalance element for ajusting color, there is als a gama
element. Then there is effecttv (where we could indded bind more of its
effects). smpte for wipes, videomixer ...
Also there a several native audio effects plus more externeal like bpm
detection. For audio we can use ladspa plugins and buzz-machines as well (lv2 is
another soc proposal).

Despite that its not looking that bad, pelase go ahead, research and write a
proposal.

Stefan