[gst-devel] FluTSmux performance

Arnab Samanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed May 20 06:07:46 CEST 2009

Hi Favila,

I am not sure of  flutsmux / flutsdemux element for streaming but please let me put forward my understanding to find the problem.

About the performance of the fluts muxer / demuxer....,

Data in the receiver side is corrupted and one possible reason for this could be that the output from either the muxer or the demuxer is corrupted. In this case you can bit-wise compare the input file and the output file.

1.On the sender side,  dump the file after encoder using filesink. This becomes your input file.

2. On the receiver side , dump the file after demuxer. This becomes your output file.

3.  Compare the files and see if the two files are bit exact.

About the pipelines.....

I could see the absence of packetiser in your pipeline. Is the fluts muxer /demuxer internally handles the packetisation / depacketisation  ? In case its Not handling , my understanding is its better to use the packetiser , even though a frame can directly be streamed, provided the size is much smaller.

In this case, the pipeline could be some what like this ....

Sender : src ! caps ! encoder ! queue ! xxmuxer ! xxparser ! xxpay ! n/wsink

Receiver : n/wsrc ! queue ! xxdemuxer ! xxdepay ! bin.

where, xx is the container format.

when you are streaming using packetiser with no muxer , you are actually streaming the elementary streams and in case you are using a muxer , you are sending data in a container format. And both these scenarios are different.

  Hope this has been of little help to you.

Regards,

Arnab.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
 recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
 all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.