[gst-devel] Is it possible to have two sources in one pipeline?

Michael Joachimiak mjoachimiak at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:27:22 CET 2009

Thank you.
At least you wanted to help.
I was asking for *gst-launch *command specific usage, which I coudn't find
in the manuals (plugin writer's and gstreamer manual) and many other pages.

I am answering my-self:

gst-launch -v encoder name=s264 ! filesink location=./Out filesrc
location=./Grasshopper/texture/Grasshopper_Right.yuv ! s264.sink_right
filesrc location=./Grasshopper/texture/Grasshopper_Left.yuv ! s264.sink_left

encoder has two sinks and to address them I need to name the encoder using
'name'. I was trying to use its name taken from gst-inspect with the index
(encoder0.sink_left and encoder0.sink_right) but it wasn't working.
After the encoder's name I use sinks names.
So the comand line is a little bit different comparing to the simple ones
given in the gst-launch manual.

Many thanks to owner of that blog for the hint:

http://tristanswork.blogspot.com/2008/08/multichannel-audio-with-gstreamer.html

2009/11/1 Donny Viszneki <donny.viszneki at gmail.com>

> Sorry, poor link. Here is the TOC:
> http://gstreamer.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/index.html
>
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Donny Viszneki
> <donny.viszneki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should give the gstreamer manual a good thorough reading.
> >

> http://gstreamer.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-gstreamer.html
> >
> > What you seek to do is the principle reason for which gstreamer was
> written!
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Michael Joachimiak
> > <mjoachimiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I want to develop a plugin which uses two video files on input (raw yuv
> for
> >> now)
> >> But after few hours of googling and trying different options from
> gst-launch
> >> I cannot figure out how to read input from two files.
> >> My plugin has two sinks and one source. I want to use two filesrc as an
> >> input and one filesink as an output. Can somebody show the example of
> usage
> >> for gst-launch in that case, please?

> > --
> > http://codebad.com/