[gst-devel] Is it possible to have two sources in one pipeline?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 20:45:06 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 21:27 +0200, Michael Joachimiak wrote:

Hi,

> gst-launch -v encoder name=s264 ! filesink location=./Out filesrc
> location=./Grasshopper/texture/Grasshopper_Right.yuv ! s264.sink_right
> filesrc location=./Grasshopper/texture/Grasshopper_Left.yuv !
> s264.sink_left

You might also need find the videoparse element from gst-plugins-bad
useful here to make sure your yuv input is chunked properly and has the
right caps set.

> encoder has two sinks and to address them I need to name the encoder
> using 'name'. I was trying to use its name taken from gst-inspect with
> the index (encoder0.sink_left and encoder0.sink_right) but it wasn't
> working.
> After the encoder's name I use sinks names.
> So the comand line is a little bit different comparing to the simple
> ones given in the gst-launch manual.

A patch to the man page (gstreamer/tools/gst-launch.1.in) adding an
example that demonstrates how to connect to specific pads by name would
be much appreciated.

Cheers
 -Tim