[gst-devel] Querying GL context pixel format

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 17:12:21 CET 2009

>>Sorry for such a question, but where this output goes on
>>Windows? I do not see anything neither in console nor in MSVC
>>output window where debug messages are usually printed. Or maybe
>>it is because I am using "release" version of gstreamer DLLs?
>
>open a console then just type:  set GST_GL_WINDOW_DEBUG=1
>(as you can also do: set GST_DEBUG=gldisplay:3
>and
>set GST_GL_SHADER_DEBUG=1)
>then enter your pipeline as usually.
>
> Hmm... My self-compiled gst-launch actually generates debug
> output, but my GUI application not.

Adding CONFIG += console in .pro file got back the stdout. So now I
can see the following messages:

GstGLWindow-DEBUG: WM_CREATE
GstGLWindow-DEBUG: gl context created: 196608d
GstGLWindow-DEBUG: failed to share opengl context 196608d with 65537d
GstGLWindow-DEBUG: gl window created: 330264d
GstGLWindow-DEBUG: begin loop

So it seams like the problem is really with context sharing on Windows.