[gst-devel] MPEG4 Compliant Simple Profile

Jānis Rukšāns thedogfarted at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:51:39 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Mailing List SVR
<lists at svrinformatica.it> wrote:
> In data lunedì 9 novembre 2009 17:27:58, Edward Hervey ha scritto:
> : > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 15:45 +0100, Mailing List SVR wrote:
>> > In data lunedì 9 novembre 2009 14:21:38, Kapil Agrawal ha scritto:
>> > : > if the data is send as rtp, then you have to use  proper rtp
>> > : > depayloader

>> > this is the point: the stream seems not rtp payloded or at least
>> > gstreamer doesn't recognize it as rtp
>> >
>> > gstbasertpdepayload.c(360): gst_base_rtp_depayload_chain ():
>> > /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRtpMP4VDepay:rtpmp4vdepay0:
>> > Not RTP format was negotiated
>> >
>> > but the stream would be rtp according to verint,
>>
>>   You can't use rtp without the specification of the streams. Those
>> specifications normally come in a sdp file.
>
> Yes I know, I asked to the manufacter (verint) for the sdp but their answer
> was that the sdp was not available and I have to use their sdk (windows dll)
> to integrate the stream, but I'm on linux.
> However I think the stream is in a standard format, my reseller was able to
> see the video over rtp with a decoder of a different manufacter (not verint).
> So I need a way to reverse enginering the sdp/ get gstreamer caps

You can try something like this:

udpsrc port=2544 !
application/x-rtp,media=video,payload=96,clock-rate=90000,encoding-name=MP4V-ES,profile-level-id=1
! rtpmp4vdepay ! decodebin ...

Replace 96 with the actual payload type (can be extracted by capturing
the stream w/ Wireshark) and 90000 with the actual clock rate.

--
Ian