[gst-devel] help with gst-plugins-good

InnDev buckleyassoc at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 15:57:02 CEST 2009

Hello,
I have been trying to build a simple video4linux streamer using the gumstix
verdex pro and openembedded.  I can't seem to get the gst-plugins-good
package to install or be recognized during bitbake.  Everything seems to run
fine on my Ubuntu 9.04 development system.

I can find the gst-plugins-base and gst-plugins-good bitbake recipes and the
gstreamer-plugins-base.pc files but I can only find
gstreamer-plugins-good-uninstalled.pc file and for the life of me I can't
find a description of what an -uninstalled.pc file implies.

Can someone direct me to info regarding the purpose and handling of
-uninstalled.pc package files or point me to an updated version of the
plugins?

Without gst-plugins-good I can't get the v4l2src and xvimagesink /
ximagesink elements to be installed on my gumstix target.

Thank you for you assistance.
-John Buckley