[gst-devel] video clocking

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Mon Oct 12 13:53:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for an example of how to correctly implement a clock source.

I have written a basic plugin for a camera, and I'm able to display a
frame from it, but what I (believe) I need to do is to make my plugin
supply the clock for the rest of the system.

My existing implementation evidently takes too long to supply a frame,
so even though I supply images, the screen does not change to reflect
the latest frame delivered. Only the first frame is displayed. (If I
just update the pixels manually and quickly return the frame, then the
new frame becomes visible, so I am assuming that it is the delay
introduced that is the problem.)

Can anyone point me to an example of how to make my plugin act as a
clock source?

Many thanks,
Thomas