[gst-devel] gst-rtsp-server and ffmpeg message

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Oct 13 09:47:33 CEST 2009

On Monday 12 Oct 2009 13:18:01 Thành Trung Nguyễn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project that use gst-rtsp-server as the streaming server
> and got the following message on the client with h264 and mpeg4 video
> format:
>
> ffmpeg :0:: warning: first frame is no keyframe
> ffmpeg :0:: Missing reference picture
> ffmpeg :0:: number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt
>  input), discarding one
> ffmpeg :0:: non-existing PPS referenced
> ffmpeg :0:: sps_id out of range

 This sounds like you're missing codec_data for your decoder.  Can you check
on your client which caps are set on the elements?  You typically have a
config string on rtph264depay's sink pad and a codec-data buffer on its src
pad.

 If your rtsp server is not sending out the codec data (e.g. because you start
in the middle of a stream), then you have a problem :-)

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540