[gst-devel] gstrtpbin and multicast

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Tue Sep 1 22:01:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

My question is about using gstrtbin for multicast streaming.
To adapt the examples from gst-plugins-good/test/examples/rtp/, such as
server-v4l2-H264-alsasrc-PCMA.sh and client-H264-PCMA.sh, is it
sufficient to specify the "multicast-group" and "multicast-interface"
properties on the client's udpsrc elements and in the server use the
multicast-group address as the udpsink elements' host property? Will
rtp/rtcp still work properly for the case where i have one server and
two or more clients? I've tested this out on a three machine setup and
wireshark tells me that each client is sending receiver reports and that
the server is sending sender reports, and in general it looks fine. I
just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other critical steps.

Thanks,
Tristan

--
Tristan Matthews