[gst-devel] What is the proper pipeline for YouTube video playback?

Gao, Ping ping.gao at harman.com
Wed Sep 16 01:44:12 CEST 2009

Hi all:

Has anybody developed pipeline to play YouTube video (MPEG4 video and AAC audio) through gstreamer rtspsrc, etc.?

I am running on FC9 with the following packages installed:
gstreamer-0.10.24
gst-plugins-base-0.10.24
gst-plugins-good-0.10.8
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.14
gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.12
gst-ffmpeg-0.10.8

Here is the command line I used and the error messages:
[root at localhost zgrviewer]# gst-launch rtspsrc location="rtsp://rtsp2.youtube.com/CiQLENy73wIaGwnYRKJ3bPTBdBMYESARFEgGUghzdGFuZGFyZAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp" ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesinkSetting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc2: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2378): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc2:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
Execution ended after 2758843655 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

What is missing in my command?  If anybody has some sample application code for YOuTuve video playback, that will help too.  Thanks

Ping