[gst-devel] Appsink output with audio/x-raw-float caps

Alexey Chernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:04:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've got two more questions concerning appsink during futher development of my
sound editor project:

1. Is it possible that appsink produces NaNs in its output with "audio/x-raw-
float,width=32,endianness=1234" caps? Or maybe I illegally convert to float from
the output buffer of bytes (I just read the stored buffer as vector of floats
with length divided by 4).. There're so many NaNs in the output flow after that
and the question is whether it is normal for appsink output or it's my wrong
convertion.

2. Could you please help me with any links to audio/x-raw-float format
reference? Especially the maths of storing sample in floating point value and
the way these values are normalized (I need to visualize the wave so it's
important for me to know). I did my best to find it in the web but almost no
results..

Thank you very much in advance.