[gst-devel] using the tuner interface from python

Dick Marinus dick at mrns.nl
Wed Sep 30 18:17:34 CEST 2009

Hi all,

At April 30, 2006 Fredrik posted a message about using the tuner
interface from Python and I'm experiencing the same issue:

$ python
>>> import gst
>>> source = gst.element_factory_make("v4l2src",name="Pinnacle PCTV
USB2.0")
>>> print source.get_channel()

(.:13363): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_implements_interface_cast:
assertion `gst_element_implements_interface (GST_ELEMENT (from),
iface_type)' failed

** (.:13363): CRITICAL **: gst_tuner_get_channel: assertion
`GST_IS_TUNER (tuner)' failed

I've tried to set the pipeline queue to STATE_PLAYING but I still have
the same error.

I guess something is broken at the Python bindings. Could someone please
help me?

I'm using:
gst-python=0.10.16
gstreamer=0.10.24