[gst-devel] using the tuner interface from python

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:52:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Dick Marinus <dick at mrns.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At April 30, 2006 Fredrik posted a message about using the tuner
> interface from Python and I'm experiencing the same issue:
>
> $ python
> USB2.0")
>
> (.:13363): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_implements_interface_cast:
> assertion `gst_element_implements_interface (GST_ELEMENT (from),
> iface_type)' failed
>
> ** (.:13363): CRITICAL **: gst_tuner_get_channel: assertion
> `GST_IS_TUNER (tuner)' failed
>
> I've tried to set the pipeline queue to STATE_PLAYING but I still have
> the same error.
>
> I guess something is broken at the Python bindings. Could someone please
> help me?

I had this same problem this week on a toy project and thaytan sent me a
python script that uses GstTuner interface from v4l2src, but I still haven't
looked deeply at it. I'll do it tonight and I'll update here with my
findings.

One thing I noticed, though, is that GstV4l2Src is using a subclass of
GstTunerChannel that is not mapped/exported in the python bindings (but I
don't know much about bindings and thaytan said it worked for him, so I
believe I'm doing something wrong in my code).

> I'm using:
> gst-python=0.10.16
> gstreamer=0.10.24
> gst-plugins-good=0.10.16