[gst-devel] IXMF, GSoC

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Apr 1 16:09:09 CEST 2010

André Dieb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is André Dieb and I'm a student interested on the iXMF project
> idea for GSoC. I've already talked a bit with Uraeus and thiagoss
> about it and I'd like to ask for your opinion regarding the idea.
>
> I've read the IXMF spec draft and the overview documents about XMF (as
> IXMF is a XMF file type) and I was wondering if anyone already studied
> or currently works with it. What are your thoughts regarding
> interactivity and scripting (the engine - IXE) that iXMF requires?
>
> Best regards.

hi,

interesting proposal. I think this would provide a much better api for
e.g. gnome-games which are using gstreamer already for game sounds as
well. The only thing I am a bit worried is that it is not too straight
forward to implement the bin. Having some more indepth design study
showing how to map iXMF feature to GStreamer would be assuring.

The xmf parts are probably fine. This could work similar to the midi
renderer (wildmidi/timidity).

Stefan