[gst-devel] Please, give an example of an action signal usage.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:11:26 CEST 2010

Documentation says, that I can freely emit such signals on live instances
without need of extra pre- and post processing. "They can also be thought of
as object methods which can be called generically by third-party code."

I am reading in the playbin2 documentation :

The "get-audio-tags" signal

GstTagList* user_function (GstPlayBin2 *playbin,
                                        gint         stream,
                                        gpointer     user_data)      : Run
Last / Action

How do I use this in my code?

I usually define a callback function - the signal handler - and call
g_signal_connect(m_playbin, "signal_name","details", etc )
And, after this, when the signal emitted, my function is called.

But, in case of the "get-audio-tags" signal, where the returned GstTagList *
will go?
And where should I put its processing?