[gst-devel] Videoconferencing with GStreamer

Gibro Vacco gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 10:57:28 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to know if some server-side apps in the subject already exist
which use GStreamer. In my ideas some fundamental features would be:

1- Decoding, muxing and re-encoding of multiple video sources (each
person in the conf sees al the others except him/herself).
2- The same of above for audio.
3- Zooming of the guys who are actually talking (maybe using a level
element and then acting on 1?)

I think some elements are already present to perform those operations,
others are yet to be written (e.g. 1 with feedback from 3)). I was
also considering that, in case such an app does not exist yet, maybe
Farsight/Stream Engine would be appropriate starting points for it
(they're already implementing most of the signalling mess).

Any ideas?

Regards